Set up "training on a stick" software
| Set up "training on a stick" software|
Organic Design procedure
These applications are already installed with the organicdesign-workstation package.
Windows XP and Vista
Plug in the memory stick, select the folder view when prompted and double-click on applications to to install them. Use the default settings, you will only need to click the "I agree", "next" and "Install" buttons (as applicable) until the install is complete.
- Firefox - Popular web browser featuring tabbed browsing. The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox 3 sets the pace with dozens of new features, including the smart location bar, one-click bookmarking and blindingly fast performance.
- Flashplayer - Flash Player is a cross-platform browser plug-in that delivers breakthrough Web experiences to over 98% of Internet users. It used to view sites like YouTube and other rich content websites.
- Filezilla - FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
- Geany - Geany is a small and lightweight Integrated Development Environment. It was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, which has only a few dependencies from other packages.
Set up Uniform server (XP and Vista)
- Double-click on the "Uniformserver.zip" file.
- When asked where you want to extract to, drag the folder in the zip archive onto your desktop.
- Once the folder has been extracted, you can close the zip archive window.
- On the desktop, open the folder "Uniformserver".
- In that folder, you will find the file: "Server_Start.bat". It has a "cog" icon. Double-click to start.
- Your default web browser will now load and present the home page of your own wiki.