The framework and terminology are simple in concept yet difficult to implement. Successful Scrum teams embrace the values upon which Scrum is based (paraphrased from the Agile Manifesto):
- We value
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Completed functionality over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, the items on the left matter more.
True success with the Scrum framework comes from teams and organizations who understand these values and the principles that form the foundation of all agile processes.
Open source software
- The Best and Worst Project Management Apps - good comparison of some web-based project management options
- MW:Extension:Semantic Project Management
- Project Management + Mechanical Turk? Smartsheet Looks Awesome
- Wedoist Introduces Real-Time Contemporary Project Management