Set up a SugarCRM user
From Organic Design
| Set up a SugarCRM user|
Organic Design procedure
- Log in to SugarCRM with admin rights
- Set up an employee, get at least the first name, surname and email address
- "Employees" > "New employee"
- Set up the new user according to "Firstname Lastname"; password: "firstname123" policy
- "Admin" > "User Management"
- User settings: Check "Notify on Assignment"; "Show gridlines"; "Show Full Name"
- Locale settings: Select Timezone "Pacific/Auckland"; uncheck "Time zone prompt"
- User Information: Title = Role; Department = Company;
- Address information; Calendar options - leave blank
- Layout Options:
- Delete all tabs except: "Home, Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities" and arrange in that order.
- Select "Subpanel Links"
- Email Options: Use email address from employee profile
- Click on "Save"
Clean up/ Finish Off
- Logout of SugarCRM, then login as the new user
- Customise home dashlets to display "My Leads" and "My Accounts" and "My Top Open Opportunities"
- Send out welcome email:
Subject: SugarCRM access details Hi Firstname, Welcome to the Organic Design SugarCRM. The access URL is as follows: http://crm.organicdesign.co.nz Login details: Your user name is: Firstname Lastname Your password is: firstname123 You can change your password via the "My account" link on the top right. Please let me know if you have any questions, Admin