From Organic Design
From practice, the following notes:
- You need to add page.tpl.php from the starterkit and edit that along with the chosen layout css if you want to make changes outside the block administration.
- For a different front page skin, create and edit page-front.tpl.php and create and link to a front-page css loaded after the other scripts.
- If you want to make any sort of new region on a page, the code in the Zen-based skin has to be refactored into tables, as IE7 loses the plot with the negative margins in the div-only version.
- The best way to patch modules is with Linux, then transfer them to Windows machines if required. For example:
- OG Forums for security
- Webform Reports for added functionality
--Jack 16:17, 16 June 2011 (PDT)