From Organic Design
Compiling for windows
- Download and install latest MinGW full package (at the time of writing this, the current download is MinGW-5.0.2.exe). Make sure you select the make and g++ (for tiff) options in the installation process.
- Download and install latest MSYS (MSYS-1.0.8.exe at time of writing).
- Download the current source files listed below and unpack into their own directories within the MSYS mounted structure. The files were current at time of writing (Nad 12:03, 24 Jul 2006 (NZST)):
- First compile SDL, zlib, libJPEG from MSYS shell in the normal way from their own source directories with configure, make and make install.
- Then in the libPNG dir, set the path of the zlib includes and libs in the makefile, then do just a a make by itself.
- Ensure the libXXX.a's for all the above are in /usr/local/lib or where ever the SDL libs have been compiled to.